Last month I posted my favourite photos from 2014 and in honour of that “tradition” I thought I would share my favourite photos from the last month below.
It seems that my January was a fairly food orientated month with some new recipes tested and also a few dinners out with the Aussie and friends. Mind you still not a terrible way to spend what was otherwise a hectic working month for me!
Here are my favourite photos from January 2015
From L-R top row
1. First time trying an espresso martini at Chow Darwin whilst having dinner with some lovely girlies in Darwin. Pretty yum cocktail but made much better in my opinion by the ice cream float you added I think!
2. Christening our new BBQ with the most amazing marinade lamb chops I have ever made. I will share the recipe next time I make them!
3. Experimental fish pie made with salmon and cod from scratch including the white sauce. It was pretty much amazing. I was worried the Aussie wouldn’t like it as I wanted to make it again and luckily he did.
4 Home made Banana loaf made with local bananas. The recipe is here if you fancy giving it a try.
5.Pad Thai at Chow again. I only recently tried this dish for the first time and love it, it’s so tasty and Chow always make sure they don’t add the prawns because I am allergic to prawns. So delicious.
6. Student diary purchased and ready for starting studying in less than a months time! Also purple which is amazing!
7. I think I went a bit photo (aka cocktail crazy in Chow) as this is a Mango Crushie with vodka that tasted just like mango juice. Too easy to drink. I also tried the Ka Pow number 1 at Chow which was pretty special and very gingery which I love.
8. Penguin ornaments. I am a teeny bit of a penguin fan as you know and for Christmas my best friends from my home town in the UK sent me the penguin ornament on the left which has a map of Antarctica on it which I love. After posting a picture of it they realised I had been sent the wrong map and arranged for the correct one with a map of Somerset where I am from in the UK, on it and now I have a gorgeous pair.
9. FaceTiming with my dog Henry. I miss him like crazy and more often than not when he see’s or hears me on FaceTime he turns the other way but here we are both led down having a chat. Love my boy and can’t wait to see him at Christmas.
10. Fiddlers Green in Darwin a pretty nice and extremely reasonably priced restaurant/pub I visited with my friend, her partner and their little boy with on Australia Day for lunch before dashing off to the Movies to watch the Imitation Game which was a very cool film. Of course where else would you celebrate Australia Day than visiting an Irish restaurant!
There is my January in photos! What did you get up to?