We fly to the UK in just 12 days and so I am in the final countdown and planning stage. The Aussie is in neither!
1. Download music and tv shows / films for the flight – I will usually go through iTunes and select 15 to 20 songs which I can listen to on my trip.
2. Locate and check passports and leave them somewhere safe – I do always leave both of our Passports in the same place but to avoid last minute panics I will find them and make sure they are ready to be packed in my hand luggage before we leave.
3. Print out the flight information and information for the car parking – I use the Trip It app to store all of our travel plans and of course I have the emails on my phone but I like to have a hard copy of the information we will need for the flights to hand.
4. Top up UK SIM cards and let everyone know what number we will be on – I usually try and keep my UK sim card for the next trip home so I will log in to my old account and top up the day before so I can switch the sim cards over and let everyone know when we have landed and also find my brother who is picking us up when we land!
5. Check what films and tv shows will be on the flight – I love that on Singapore Air you can check on the website what films are being released during the month you travel and also the next months flights. I try and plan what films I want to watch if I can manage to stay awake.
6. Pack! Most important of course. This years packing planning has been tricking because of my weight loss. When the sales happened in Australia at the end of winter I couldn’t buy anything because I didn’t know what size I would be. This years packing is going to be mainly the presents I have bought for everyone for Christmas I think!
7. Wrap Christmas presents purchased in Australia – this goes number 6!
8. Charge cameras, Ipad, phones and pack the charger cables – I like to make sure everything is charged ready to go. I also take one of those battery pack chargers with me to cover the time when my phone runs out of battery.
9. Leave my valuables – there are some valuables I won’t take with me so I will arrange to leave them and a key to our house with Naomi to look after whilst we are away!
10. Get everything ready at work – the week before we leave will be mad at work. I will get everything that I can done in advance to minimise the work my colleagues have to do whilst I am away. I also like to prepare holiday notes which explain in detail what is happening on all of my files at work for the same reason.
When you are going away how do you plan for travelling?