Wow I cannot believe tomorrow is the 5th January 2015 already! It also means the holidays are over and it’s time to get back into the swing of working again.
I’ve had a lovely break from work for a week and a bit and the highlights of my break have been:
1) Having time to sleep in, read a book or watch tv in bed wearing PJ’s and not having to go anywhere!
2) Free time to spend with the Aussie at home and out and about.
3) Spending time with the Aussie and his friend whilst they practice the guitar, he’s sounding pretty good now – apparently they will be performing live soon!
4) Wonderful Christmas presents from my family, friends and the Aussie and buying thoughtful gifts for them.
5) Swimming on Christmas Day with our American friends and enjoying spending the day with them. I am very happy the Aussie had the opportunity to get to know them much better finally as well.
6) FaceTime with my family on Christmas Day and joining in the celebrations.
Christmas dinner with the Aussie’s brother on Boxing Day and getting to try out new recipes too. Also sampling the Christmas Cake I made which didn’t taste too bad at all.
7) Having the time to transfer my blog to a self hosted blog and then to personalise it as I like so it fits the look I wanted.
8) House sitting for our friends and looking after their cute little girl who is a puppy called Rosie for a few days.
9) Rain! Lots and lots of lovely cooling rain due to a monsoon over Darwin! In fact it’s felt a bit chilly on occasion!
10) Swimming in the rain. We’ve had a decent monsoon passing over Darwin for a few days now and so me and the Aussie took the plunge in the rain. It was lots of fun and actually nice and warm.
11) Lunch and a fantastic catch up with a friend and her son at a new restaurant in Darwin called Seoul Food. The food and company was perfect.
12) New Years Eve at Dinah Beach Sailing Club.
13) The Year of the Penguin Gift! I received a cushion and Christmas Tree ornament for my birthday, a candle and ornament/statue for Christmas too!