I saw on a few blogs that people are taking some time to write down the 32 things that make them happy. I think it’s a great idea because we often focus on the negative and not so much on the positive in our lives.
1) The Aussie.
2) My family – talking to and spending time with them.
3) My friends in the UK and Australia – talking to and spending time with them.
4) Dogs – specifically my dog Henry, my parents dogs Tilley and Tess and brothers dogs Tobey and Milley.
5) Reading – I always have at least one (currently 3) books on the go. I’ve talked about my passion for reading before so won’t repeat myself (only 2 books behind on my Goodreads Reading Challenge though!).
6) Music – my iPhone has been away for “repairs” (I mean abducted) for the last week and I have missed having my music collection. I usually listen to music when I am walking around but also when I’m in the car on my own (I don’t subject the Aussie to my “awesome” singing voice). One of my friends made me two Mix CD’s when I left the UK so I have listened to them on repeat and each song brings back awesome memories (I think the Aussie’s brother loved it when I picked him up from surgery and Men at Works Land down Under came on the radio as I turned the car on FYI!) so it has helped fill the gap but I cannot wait for the repairs to be finished and the ransom money, I mean bills paid.
7) Movies and going to the Cinema – When I was in the UK I was terrible at getting out on my own and doing things by myself, I think I probably went to the cinema once by myself. Since I got to Australia I have been to the cinema heaps of times both with the Aussie and by myself and have really grown to appreciate doing things on my own. I also love a good movie and am better at sitting down and concentrating on the movie if its not at home.
8) Photography (phew I was just thinking I would be stuck at 6!) – this is a big passion for me. Again in the UK I didn’t really get out and do this on my own but here am happy to do it. I also joined a Camera Club here which I shied away from in the UK and was somehow just elected as a Committee Member!
9) All things Purple – seriously if it’s purple I will love it.
10) Penguins – I love these little guys especially the one who likes to trip up his friends!
11) Galaxy chocolate bars – which I cannot find for love nor money in Darwin.
12) YouTube – except when they play the annoying adverts at the start of the videos, I just want to listen to the song guys!
13) Giraffes – this is a recent love of mine but I can’t help but love them.
14) My job – I am a Lawyer and worked hard to get qualified. I miss not working as a Lawyer in Australia at the moment but will hopefully qualify really soon.
15) Bureaucracy – completing my visa form(s) is driving me slightly insane – why does Immigration need to know I went to France with my School when I was 12!?!
16) My iPhone and iPad – i’m addicted to both and don’t mind admitting it!
17) Winning the race at the traffic lights – yes I know they don’t know its a race but I love to win!
18) Receiving letters and cards by post. I always love it when there’s a letter waiting for me in the PO Box, even better when there’s a you have a parcel card!
19) Spring – best season of the year but we just get Summer and Winter in Darwin.
20) Tea – nothing beats a good cup of Tetley tea.
21) Speaking to my family and friends on FaceTime, Viber etc.
22) Unintentional innuendos – yes I find it amusing that there is a road called Dickward Drive in Fannie Bay in Darwin and laugh every time either are mentioned, especially so when both are mentioned together.
23) Christmas – best day of the year other than…
24) My Birthday – I think no one should work on their birthday, that it’s a special day just for you and should be celebrated with your loved ones.
25) Sunsets – I am a total sunset addict and am very lucky that every day we get completely different but absolutely beautiful sunsets.
26) When the Geckos in the house catch the spiders and other annoying bugs.
27) The smell and feel of newly washed sheets.
28) Air conditioning – ceiling fans just don’t cut it when it’s 30 degrees +.
29) Staying in hotels.
30) When I know where to go without asking for directions or using the Satnav and get it right.
31) Eating fish and chips at the beach with the Aussie as the sun sets.
32) When I go out in the sunshine and don’t get sun burnt (I am currently sun burnt).