Wow I cannot believe it’s been a whole month since I posted 10 awesome things in my life! Where did January go? When time goes fast, particularly when you are excited about something (my UK trip), your thinking come on hurry up I want December to be here but then you also want time to slow down a bit so you can enjoy the every day things!
Anyway, what better way to celebrate the every day things than by choosing 10 awesome things? Here are my 10 Awesome Things – February:
1) Paying for and accepting my place at University. Everything kicks of on the 2nd March now so have mixed feelings of can’t wait to get going but also gah I can’t believe I have to do this!
2) Speaking to my parents on FaceTime – we have lots of things going on in the background family wise so lots of texting and messaging but I didn’t get a chance to speak to them properly face to face or as face to face as FaceTime can be and had a lovely catch up with my Mum and Dad last night.
3) My Coffee Machine – not so new now but I am loving making my cup of coffee in the morning and taking it to work with me to kick start the day. I noticed we ran out of milk last night (and I forgot to order it with our online delivery oops) so didn’t have one this morning and felt it!
4) Camera Club – after a two month break we are back to our meetings tonight. I spent an hour or so going through my photographs and selecting some for the club competition (which I have dotted through this post – the theme is raindrops). I’m looking forward to getting back into the swing of the club meetings and also showing off some of my photographs!
5) Wedding Talk – one of my oldest friends is getting married in July and despite my best efforts to find a way to be in the UK for it I just cannot get there. I have been asking her lots about the plans for the wedding though and have enjoyed hearing about what they have planned and also top secret dress information! We are hoping that she will be able to stream the wedding on FaceTime and I really hope we can work that out!
6) Reading – I don’t know what’s got into me but I am in a real reading mood these past couple of weeks. I literally read a whole book on Saturday as well as a couple more either side. According to my Goodread’s challenge I am 3 books over target (7 so far this year) and so fingers crossed I can get a bit ahead of myself so I don’t fall behind my target of 45 for the year when uni starts next month.
7) Libraries – one of my challenges for my 101 goals in 1001 days was to Take a book out of the library once a month and read it all. I was a couple of days late for January but yesterday I did visit the library and started to read a book there. I forgot how nice it can be to visit a library, which could be down to my reading addiction but it was good to get out of the office and just sit down with a good book.
8) Self Hosting – during the Christmas Holidays I decided to switch my blog over from WordPress to a self hosted blog. This was a bit scary as I didn’t want to break the blog or loose anything and also whilst I am quite good with technology on the whole some of the things you have to do went over my head completely. I got there eventually (this is why you pay someone to do it for you right!?!) and after a month of being self hosted am finding that I really like the freedom I have to set it up exactly how I want. I would definitely recommend self hosting if you can.
9) Passenger – tomorrow night I’m going to watch Passenger at the Darwin Entertainment Centre. This is awesome because I totally forgot and only remembered after seeing the calendar entry my friend sent me to remind us that we are going (it is something along the lines of marrying Mr Passenger!). I have been listening to his albums and love this song which I have to share.
10) Winding the Aussie up about Valentines Day, although he still insists that it’s not celebrated in Australia! Always fun though of course flowers are always appreciated!