On the 31st May 2018 I have been living in Brisbane for a whole year. The Aussie didn’t arrive until just over a month after me as he had the pleasure of packing our lives up for moving!
I know its cliche, but I honestly don’t know where the last year has gone!
In that time I/we have:
1. moved into our first home and moved again just 2 weeks ago into our lovely lovely new house (cheaper, nicer and bigger, such a good move!);
2. I have lost about 25kg (almost 42kg in total), joined a gym I love, participated in a number of Park Runs, Charity Events and the Gold Run at the Commonwealth Games;
3. Established myself in my new job and passed the one year mark there as well;
4. I have hugged not just one but two koalas at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary (aiming for number 3 when my family arrive);
5. Visited beautiful locations including the Gold Coast, Natural Bridge, Tin Can Bay amongst so so many, with a lot more on the list;
6. Embraced my creative side by going to a pottery painting class and a painting class thanks to vouchers purchased from Groupon;
7. The Aussie has been focusing on his business and growing it;
8. Explored Brisbane and discovered some great places that I love to show to people who come and visit us.
9. Spent lots of time with our friends who had already moved from Darwin to Brisbane or moved just after us;
10. Visited Darwin a couple of time which was lovely because we got to see our friends who live in Darwin, had some of them visit us in Brisbane and also visited Bali, the Aussie for the first time and ended up stuck for a few days care of the volcano!
With a hectic year behind us and an already fairly busy one ahead of us, Brisbane is shaping up to be a pretty great city.