Another month over and August was a fun one!
1) The month started with a trip to the night Noodle Market at Southbank. The Aussie and I decided we needed a night walk in and around the City on the Friday night. We didn’t know what would be on at Southbank but there is usually something. The event was lovely and the area was bustling with stalls selling Asian food. I didn’t try anything but the Aussie was impressed and has hoped the market was back on when we’ve visited the area again on a Friday night.
2) I paid a trip to the Powerhouse with Naomi to watch Letters to Lindy which I talked about here. I really enjoy visiting the theatre at the Powerhouse is located in the beautiful New Farm area.
3) & 9) These photo was taken on my walk/runs around our local park just before the sun started setting. I love that we are so close to a park and with just a few laps of the park I can easily manage a good 3.5 or 5.5km walk/run.
4) The Glass House Mountains. On Ekka day we paid a visit to the beautiful Glasshouse Mountains. This photo was taken from one of the lookouts and still takes my breath away a bit. I love being in the great outdoors these days and feel lucky that within an hour or so we can be in this vista.
5) Colour Run – this was a fun morning for me and the Aussie which I am planning on writing about very soon!
6) P!nk! I still can’t believe that I got to go and see P!nk live in concert on her Beautiful Trauma tour! You can read about it here.
7) I understand from my Facebook friends that this bird is a Brown Falcon that landed on the balcony when we were staying on the Gold Coast. The bird stayed there for ages and let me get really close, hence the photo! We think it was watching something on the beach below as we also had a few different birds land on the balcony before diving off a few times later in the day.
8) This photo was taken at the start of the Bridge to Brisbane race (before the rain pummelled us!!). I wrote about the event here and am already looking forward to next years race which may be a 10km!
Leave a Reply