Planning what I am going to take with me to the UK has been tricky. I have bought some presents which will be in my case but I also need some winter appropriate clothes so I don’t freeze my butt off! We each have 35kg weight allowance for our check in luggage so I think we might be ok overall and have to to bring things back!
I have been trying to estimate what clothes size I will be so I can buy bits as and when I find them and I think I might just about have it sorted so I will be cosey and warm.
I do however know what I will have in my hand luggage so I have what I need at the airport, on the plane, at Singapore and when we land in London. I usually take a rucksack /wheelie suit case and a small cross body bag where the things I will need frequently like my passport, purse, boarding pass etc are on hand.
1) Passport! I will probably have mine and the Aussies in my hand luggage
2) A printout with our ticket information and also the email confirming the arrangements for my meal which will exclude shellfish due to allergies
3) iPhone and charger cable as we can charge our phones on the plane and at the airport if needed. I will also take a charging dock which I will charge up before we leave just in case I can’t find somewhere to charge my phone
4) iPad just in case I can’t find a tv show or movie to watch (which does seem unlikely from the list on the Singapore Airline website!)
5) Headphones, including a set which will work with my iPhone and the iPad. I think the airline will give us headphones to use on the plane
6) Neck pillow, I have one of the U shaped ones and find it a god send when I am trying to sleep on the plane. It saves your neck and you don’t keep waking yourself up as your head drops
7) Books downloaded on my iPhone so I have something to read, again in case I can’t find a tv show or movie to watch
8) Some sweets or gum to have during take off and landing to help the ear pressure
9) Some protein bars / snacks as I eat every 3 hours or so now and I don’t want to get sucked in to eating the plane snacks
10) An empty water bottle to fill up when we get through immigration at both airports and to keep myself hydrated
11) Comfy clothes, including some fluffy socks, a jumper, long sleeved top, trousers and a scarf so I can get warm or take off layers if I get a bit over heated
12) Some mini bottles of deodorant, moisturiser, some face wipes and some hand santiser to freshen up mid flight
13) UK sim card so I can swap my sim card over ready to use in the UK when we land
14) Booking details for the place where our car will be stored whilst we are away. The company will look after the car and also drop us off and pick us up from the Terminal
15) My purse but I will remove the Aussie cards which I won’t need in the UK and also find my UK change which I had left over from the last trip so I have some when we land
16) Tea bags because I can just ask for some hot water and enjoy a cup of peppermint tea instead of their usual tea and coffee which doesn’t taste that amazing