This year has been insane world wise and I find myself shaking my head in disbelief about what is happening.
I have had such an amazing 2018 and so I wanted to reflect back on the 5 things I am grateful for this year (in no particular order!).
- My health and how much it has improved and how far I have come. I have lost about 30kg this year (50kg in total since I started) and this year I have improved my strength, stamina and most importantly diet because you cannot out train a bad diet! This is in no small part thanks to my Trainer/Coach Felicity Neale who has helped me so much and guided me through this year so that I can say I have lost 30kg in total. I am looking forward to the New Year and what it will bring.
- My family who may not be close to me in terms of distance but are so very important and supportive of me. I appreciate everything that they do for me and I am so happy that I will be spending Christmas with them and the Aussie this year.
- The Aussie who listens to me and supports me in everything which I do every day. I am sure I am not always the easiest to live with, knowing me as I do, but he takes it all in his stride and never waivers in his support.
- My friends both near and far who are always there for me when I need them and I hope they feel it is reciprocated when they need me and even when they don’t. I’ve learnt a few things about friendships this year and I have had to accept some realities like what I will and won’t be prepared to put up with and when it might be time to let go and that is ok.
- Feeling settled in Brisbane. We now have a lovely house which is big enough that we can comfortably have family and friends visit to share our life in Brisbane. We have started to explore the area which is stunning and we have future adventures which we will look forward to in the next year to come. Next year I can apply for Citizenship and will hopefully become a dual citizen next year which will give a little bit more security for me as well.