Another month has flown by in a whirlwind but also felt quite slow as I was working my notice at my old company!
I didn’t take a lot of photos it seems but here are my favourites:
- During February, Naomi and I went to a recording of The Guilty Feminist at the Powerhouse in New Farm which was brilliant and very amusing. This photo was taken as I walked from my car. I love the city view, especially at sunrise or sunset.
- This photo is of a bunch of Galahs which I encountered on one of my morning walks. I walk around the park area a couple of times to make up my 5km’s and so passed them twice. The birds were not too impressed that I interrupted their breakfast on either occasion!
- (middle) I took this photo which is literally a giant spiders web that was across the driveway to the house. I have a bit of a problem with spiders and am about as keen about their webs so was not very impressed that one kept making its home across the driveway which I had to walk out of in the morning to go exercise! After a few days the Aussie move the spider and luckily he / she has not returned yet!
- We went to watch the fabulous Sarah Millican on her tour around Australia. I think we laughed from the very first moment until she left the stage. At the end she was handing out “No” and “Champion” badges and somehow we ended up with 3!
- This photo was taken outside of Brisbane City Hall just before we went inside to watch Sarah Millican.
On the basis of Sex – This movie is based on the true story of an American Lawyer (Ruth Bader Ginsberg) and her first sex discrimination case when she was acting for a man in a tax law case. Despite the subject of the case itself (tax law cannot be very interesting at all) the movie is brilliant (you should also watch R.G.B ) and I would highly highly recommend it (even if you are not interested in law!)
Stan and Ollie – This is the story of Laurel and Hardy who it turns out I didn’t know very much about. The story was funny as you would expect but also sad when you learnt what actually happened between them. I would recommend the movie.
Berlin Station – the Aussie and I binge watched the three series of the show during February. The show is about American CIA Agents who have been placed in the Berlin Embassy and carry out all kinds of espionage antics all across Europe. If you like a good spy thriller and a good guy/bad guy show then Berlin Station might be for you!
Two Women by Martina Cole – I haven’t read any books by Martina Cole before and picked the book at random on my Kindle app but really enjoyed the book. The book starts with a woman being transported to a new prison whilst she appeals a murder conviction and jumps back and fourth from her brutal childhood up to the present day. The twists and turns keep you guessing about what actually happened to result in her incarceration.