I have talked about following a meal plan which my Trainer Felicity sets out for me every one to two weeks or so on my blog before.
However for my birthday I have been trying to narrow down my food choices for the big day, ok weekend as we will be celebrating my birthday the weekend beforehand and I will be going a bit off plan for the occassion!
On my shortlist are the following:
1) Anything from the Paddock Bakery – we visited the bakery a while ago and the breakfast and cakes were just divine. There will definitely be a visit over the birthday weekend extravaganza, I mean weekend!!!
2) Cookies from Dough House – I discovered Dough House via the Instagram page and they look amazing! They are based on the Gold Coast and deliver on the weekends so it seems an ideal time to give them a go! The hard part will be choosing which one(s) to try.
3) Gelato – I do really love a good rum and raison or mint choc chip ice cream / gelato and don’t think I want a cake so maybe some gelato instead.
4) Yum Cha – a Yum Cha is a good way to sample a variety of the foods on offer in portions which everyone can share. There are definitely a few things from the menu which I have my eye on.
5) Pho – I first tried this in Darwin where its hard to find a bad Pho. I haven’t had a Pho for a long time and if we could find a decent version it might be ideal for birthday celebrations.
6) Pizza – it has been a while since I’ve had some pizza but it has to be really good pizza, not a chain brand like Domino’s if we do enjoy some.
7) Roast Dinner – I was keen to try and find somewhere that makes roast dinners in Brisbane but quickly decided that no one can beat my Mum’s roast dinner and I would just end up very disappointed. I’ll save the roast for when I am home at Christmas.
8) Mince Pies – I love fruit cake, hot cross buns and mince pies. I won’t really have many, if any over the Christmas period so it could be the ideal opportunity to have some.
9) Pfeffernüsse – These are the best festive biscuits I have had over the Christmas period. If we buy them the Aussie needs a bag to himself because he loves them. He’s had some already this year so it might be time to share a bag.
10) Maltesers – these used to be my go to cinema treats and I haven’t had any in a long while. I am keen to catch a movie over the birthday weekend and maybe there might be some maltesers.
As you can see the list is extensive, a little bit ridiculous and I would probably go into a coma if I tried to eat even half of the items on it! I will choose wisely and enjoy my little indulgence before getting back on plan on my actual birthday.