I’m not very good at planning days at home not doing much but when I do I like to watch some Netflix whilst writing my blog posts or anything else I need to do (not really good at relaxing either!).
We don’t get all of the shows that are available in the UK and America on Australia’s Netflix but we do get a decent selection and I thought I would share my favourites.
1) Grace and Frankie – I always look forward to this Netflix original show when a new series comes out. It is laugh hard and out loud funny and you can never predict what will happen next but it is also not ever far fetched. A very enjoyable show to watch.
2) Gilmore Girls – I didn’t watch this series the first time round but was recommended it by one of my friends in Darwin. When the series came on Netflix I sat down and watched it and was quickly hooked. The reboot was a bit frustrating but did leave the way open for more episodes which makes sense, although the writers say there are no plans.
3) Call the Midwife – its such a sweet show and I missed it when it was on TV in the Uk and Australia so I really enjoy catching up with the show from time to time. I am currently watching it in between episodes of American Horror Story (I can only watch a couple at a time and then have to watch my “pallet cleanser” shows!)
4) Orange is the New Black – this was the first Netflix original show that I watched and I have quite enjoyed it. We are currently waiting for series 6 to come out and it will be interesting to see what happens next. I found series 5 dragged on a bit to be honest. The whole series took place over the space of a few days but was good to see all of the interactions and how the characters developed.
5) The Crown – I love the Royal Family and was very excited to watch the series when it came on to Netflix. The Aussie and I have been enjoying both series and always wonder how realistic it really is whilst loving it!
What series have you enjoyed on Netflix? What would you recommend we watch next?