Life is a bit hectic at the moment with work, healthy stuff and getting ready to move (also known as dealing with terrible letting agents!) so I haven’t been as good at posting as I have managed to be recently.
I realised I haven’t yet posted my April faves photos yet even though the collage has been sat on my desktop for several weeks!
Without further ado below are my April faves!
1) We started the month down in Tin Can Bay for Easter and whilst there we visited Cooloola Cove and did some walks which were lovely.
2) Monitor lizard that we spotted when walking towards Poona Lake over Easter. We didn’t actually spot this, some other tourists pointed it out and it was a great sight.
3) We did a roughly 4.5km walk to Poona Lake and back and this was the lake. Half way up and down the steep hills I said I hope the end is worth it and boy was it. As we arrived everyone else was leaving so we had the beautiful scene all to ourselves.
4) and 5) The weekend after Easter I went down to the Gold Coast with our friend Naomi to watch the Netball at the Commonwealth Games. This photo is the view from the apartment where we are extremely lucky to spend time, at sunrise and it never gets old.
6) and 7) are Naomi’s beautiful cats who joined us on the road trip. It was lovely to wake up with them both wanting a smooch and snuggle.
8) Just like the sunrise view the sunset view from the apartment is also pretty spectacular.
9) and 10) are photos that were taken at the Netball at the Commonwealth Games. We were lucky enough to watch England play and beat Uganda during our session but it was not an easy ride for England.
11) The next weekend in April me, the Aussie and Naomi went back down to the Gold Coast to watch the Rugby 7’s at the Commonwealth Games. We had great seats and it was such a fun morning spent watching about 14 matches of 7 minutes each way including several England matches that they won! My voice was a bit hoarse by the end of it as I got quite involved in the cheering.
12) I couldn’t forget my Gold Run at the Commonwealth Games. It was exhausting, exhilarating and I had an absolute blast and received a goldish medal!
13) The Aussie loves sailing so when one of his friends who also loves sailing visited Brisbane we checked out a bit of sailing on the river.
14) This photo was taken at Mount Coot Tha. Mount Coot Tha is on our tourist trail when people visit but we never go there just because. I love the view of Brisbane and it was nice to get there just in time for those sunrise colours.
15) One Saturday towards the end of the month we headed to the Science Museum with our lovely American friends. I had never been there before and it was a lot of fun.
16) After visiting the Science Museum the Aussie and I went for a bit of a walk along South Bank which was decorated ready for Buddah’s birthday celebration the next weekend.