I have decided to combine these posts from now on
MY FAVE PHOTOS
- I took this photo at Heathrow on our way back to Brisbane after our lovely lovely trip home for Christmas.
- We took a little drive to Natural Bridge when we had some friends stay with us for a week. We had been there before but it was nice to be able to show them the beautiful scenery and also take a walk around as I had been poorly for a few days before.
- On our way back from Natural Bridge we stopped off at the Hinze Dam. It’s a very pretty setting and there was talk of the Aussie bringing his boat here for a sail which should be fun!
- One of my favourite views in Brisbane is the Story Bridge. Also whilst we had our friends stay we spent some time in the city and on our travels we stopped off at Eagle Street Pier where we got to enjoy the gorgeous view of the Story Bridge.
- This photo was taken on our Tom’s Tour on New Years Day. The scenery was just beautiful and a lovely way to start of 2019.
A Star is Born – this movie has been out for a while and it seemed like we managed to catch it in the last week it was showing. I haven’t seen the original version so don’t know if the storyline was the same or similar but I really enjoyed this version. I didn’t realise that Bradley Cooper could sing and could do so so well! The story is really thought provoking but is beautifully written and directed. If you get the chance you really should watch it.
The Favourite – I had been looking forward to this film for a while since first seeing the trailer. The trailer made it look like it would be quite funny and the actors in the film are superb so it was an easy choice to go see the film. The film itself was very quirky and strange in places but from my reading it seems like this is the Directors style. The ending didn’t entirely make sense to me initially but I did some reading online about people’s interpretation and it did make more sense then. I would recommend the movie if it is one that you haven’t been entirely sure whether you want too.
Mary Queen of Scots – Even though I am English I don’t know the history of the Kings and Queens very well. The Aussie is quite interested though and he recently watched a documentary about Mary Queen of Scots and so I knew a bit more about it ready to go and see the movie. The scenery, the acting, the costumes and actors were all fantastic and I really loved this movie.
Grace & Frankie – the new series released on Netflix this month and was as funny as always. It was very binge watchable and I look forward to the next series.
Who we were Before – My friend Kim challenged me to sit down and read for at least two hours during the Australia Day long weekend. We both love to read and used to read a lot but because of life being so busy we haven’t had the chance. I started reading this book way before Christmas and didn’t get round to finishing it so I decided to accept the challenge and finished the book.
The book is about a married couple who have been torn about following the death of their child. The story is not the best written but once I was able to sit down and focus on it, it was easy to read and the storyline kept me interested so that I wanted to know how the story ended and it didn’t really disappoint after the journey they went on.