Somehow its already October 2017, really where has this year gone!?! Looking back at my photos in my phone (I really should be taking my DSLR out and about) I saw that September was a pretty good month so thought I would share my favourite photos from the Month.
From left to right starting in the top row:
1) This photo was taken at the Diversity at Dusk Event.
2) This is Harry, possibly Harriet, the Possum who now visits our balcony almost daily. The lure of our balcony is the fact the Aussie feeds Harry strawberries, who could resist that!
3) New tomato plants. I bought four tomato plants at the beginning of the month and they are doing pretty well. Something ate the leaves a couple of weeks ago but it doesn’t seem to have stopped the plants from growing. I’m hoping some netting will stop future leaf attacks so we get some fresh home grown tomatoes in due course.
4) Random tardis thing! This was taken at the entrance to King George Park in the CBD and is apparently called ‘Forme de Mito’. There are four gold statues of varying geometric shapes in the area which we discovered after taking a wander through the city. They look pretty cool in the sunlight and are just below Jacobs Ladder.
5) This little bird comes and sits outside my office window on the tv aerial almost daily. It sits there singing for a while before flying off to the nearest tree. I’m not sure what species of bird it is but it always makes me smile.
6) Gym time! This photo was taken early one Saturday morning. With my gym routine during the week, I now find I also wake up at stupid o’clock on a Saturday. Whilst the Aussie is sleeping I have popped to the gym for an hour or so to get those steps in for the day.
7) Brisbane Festival. I love all of the photos I have taken at the Festival. I also tagged my photos “#celebratebrisbane” on Instagram and when we were at the festival on 30 September 2017, we walked past the big screen a few times and on the last occasion I saw 3 of my photos on the screen which was exciting!
8) Pottery. I didn’t make the mug but I did have a go at painting it! My friend Naomi and I spent a couple of hours at The Ceramic Studio after purchasing vouchers on Groupon. We spent a little while talking with the owners about pottery and how they cast and cook the items which are available for painting before painting our own pots. I painted a mug and Naomi painted a vase. We are currently waiting for the finished article, and hopefully they look as great as we imagine they will!
9) 10) 13) and 14) These are all photos from various aspects of the Riverfire Event which we visited on 30 September 2017.
12) This is a screenshot of the route of my first Park Run (walk). The Aussie, Naomi and I rocked up at 7am for a 5km walk. This was mine and the Aussie’s first Park Run (walk) and I wasn’t particularly fast, but I do now have a starting point to work on improving. We think we will probably participate every other week or so, so hopefully by the end of the year my time will be a few minutes shorter.