I think I have been quite restrained this Christmas with my love of all things festive. However yesterday I bought us a Christmas Tree and whilst it remains in the box it definitely has made me feel festive and I’m looking forward to Christmasfying our home!
One of the best ways to get in the festive spirit for me is to listen to my favourite Christmas songs and Carols. I have to say that around Christmas time I do love going to a Carol Concert and singing along to all of those songs I grew up singing each year. How is it I can remember all of the words to Away in a Manger but not how to do algebra (not that I want to do algebra EVER!).
Below are my top 5 favourite Christmas songs – I am loving listening to them as I write this post!
1) Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea – this is a song I always listen to every Christmas and I always always played it on my last journey home from work on the day or two before Christmas. I wish that me and the Aussie could be in the UK for Christmas this year, but next December this song may well be on repeat all the way from Darwin to the UK
2) Mistletoe and Wine by Cliff Richards – now I really am not a fan of Cliff Richard’s (sorry Mum!), however this song was played in our house every Christmas so it feels like a tradition. I also have some great memories of me and my old housemate Jo “singing” this song together in “harmony” during our annual Christmas dinner before we all went home to our families for Christmas
3) Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin Stevens – yep this is a song that I seem to know word for word for some reason and I can never resist singing along when it comes on the radio or my iPhone!
4) Let it Snow by Dean Martin – a classic song and always the top of my play list each Christmas!
5) All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey – last but by no means least is Ms Carey’s infamous song! No Christmas would be complete without screeching, I mean singing along to this song would it!?!
What do you think of my choices? What are your favourite Christmas tunes that make you feel all festive? Let me know below 🙂