Today is the last day of my 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge which I began on 1 January 2015 which seems like forever ago now. Here is the original post.
Below is how “well” I did! Did anyone else give this a try? How are you doing?
1. Qualify as a Solicitor in Australia – Completed 13 December 2016
2. Sell one of my photographs Completed I have sold 2 different photos on Redbubble
3. Visit Bali Completed March 2017.
4. Learn to sail Still on the bucket list
5. Start studying the subjects need to qualify as a Solicitor in Australia and pass them all – Started and completed
6. Get over my fear of public speaking – not over it but I am getting there and am planning to do some public speaking courses.
7. To still be blogging on 28 September 2017 Long hiatus but I am here now
8. Visit Kakadu National Park – completed Easter 2015
9. Keep using the planner that I bought so that I can plan my life out better, not forget things and do all the things that I want to do Tried and failed, diaries and planners are not my thing.
10. Plan out my blog posts better so that I can run a bit more to a schedule Working on it
11. Become better at using social media like Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram Using Instagram regularly
12. See more of Australia – I want to visit at least Perth, Adelaide and Sydney – Working on it
13. Buy a car Not required at the moment and have better uses of money planned
14. Learn how to style my curly hair nicely Had my hair chemically straightened in August 2017 so not required
15. Invite friends over for dinner often Ongoing
16. Get my visa sorted so I do not have to worry about visa’s expiring or deadlines – fingers crossed any day now.
17. Pay of my debts in the UK Work in progress
18. Save money! There’s so many things I want to do but I need to get saving first Saved for our move to Brisbane and currently saving for our holiday to Bali in November
19. Cook 101 recipes from the recipe books I own and have been given Work in progress
20. Learn and understand the rules of AFL A bit of an optimistic plan I think
21. Take my DSLR camera out with me more and actually use it so I don’t miss the photo opportunities – getting better at this and regularly getting out and about for photos.
22. Complete the challenges I set myself via blog, photography etc Work in progress
23. Take more time to keep in contact with people to make sure that the distance between us doesn’t seem so big Ongoing
24. Reply to emails, texts, calls and what’s app messages within 24 hours at the very most Managing this most of the time
25. Wear sunscreen all the time Yes!
26. Walk more and enjoy it YES! Big change in mindset I will talk about at some point
27. Get better at saying what’s on mind rather than bottling it up Ongoing
28. Learn to enjoy red wine I’m not really drinking alcohol very much at the moment so not required
29. Spend Christmas in the UK with my family and friends – Completed Christmas 2015 and 2016 and it was great.
30. Visit the penguins on Phillip Island Still on the bucket list but have lots of things planned, plus we need to explore Queensland
31. Send a letter, card, postcard to someone as a surprise each month Not overly successful
32. Visit the turtles Was on the Northern Territory bucket list but we ran out of time
33. Get up early and take a photo of the sunrise Completed in Bali in March 2017 when we had a 3.30am start for the sunrise
34. Take a good photo of lightening Still on the bucket list
35. Read 5 classic books I’ve never read before Still on the bucket list
36. Redesign my blog Still on the bucket list
37. Personalise our home with photos, pictures and things that are important to us – Completed but ongoing as I find things
38. Get my mum to teach me to knit (again) and remember how to do it.
39. Go to the ballet Still on the bucket list and more achievable in Brisbane
40. Attend 3 music concerts Still on the bucket list and more achievable in Brisbane
41. Have the root canal work done/tooth removed in 2015 and again in 2016 – me teeth are terrible completed and it was terrible!
42. Complete the Goodreads reading challenge each year and increase the number of book that are too be read each year Still on the bucket list maybe 2018 will be the year
43. Have an allergy test done My Doctor in Darwin referred me but I never received an appointment. I will look into this in Brisbane
44. Print and frame my own photos in our home – completed.
45. Watch Les Miserable in the theatre and read the book Still on the bucket list
46. Learn how to make macaroons from scratch Still on the bucket list
47. Visit Thailand with the Aussie Still on the bucket list
48. Re-learn how to play the keyboard properly Still on the bucket list and I am looking for lessons
49. Practice playing the keyboard at least twice a week Still on the bucket list
50. Buy a beautiful coffee table and bookcase(s) for our home – Completed, I had to purchase nearly all the furniture and accessories for our house in Brisbane so got everything I wanted
51. Study for at least 10 hours a week when courses start in March 2015 – I didn’t study that much but it’s done and I am now a qualified Solicitor in England and Wales and Australia
52. Dye my hair regularly so the roots don’t show – completed and ongoing.
53. Get hair cut at least 5 times a year and take better care of it Completed now I have found a hairdresser I like who doesn’t charge a fortune in Brisbane
54. Take a book out of the library once a month and read it all Still on the bucket list and planning on joining the local library ASAP
55. Buy a bike and use it often I was given a bike by my lovely friend Naomi. Not using it often at the moment but getting fit enough to do so
56. Go out dancing more Still on the bucket list
57. Hang the washing out when it’s finished not leave it so long it has to be washed again – work in progress.
58. Open a joint bank account with the Aussie – we’ve been meaning to do this since August 2013 – opened but we are terrible at getting our acts in gear to use it!
59. Write a will Still on the bucket list and as I write other people’s Wills at work I really should sort my own out!
60. Change my Super Account and move my existing super to it – completed! Industry Super all the way!
61. Take a helicopter ride over Darwin This was on the bucket list but we didn’t manage it before leaving Darwin, Brisbane maybe!
62. Go on at least one “girls” weekend a year Gold Coast with Naomi May 2017
63. Read a book in a day Still on the bucket list maybe in Bali in November
64. Spend the day at the cinema watching as many films as I can cram in Still on the bucket list but have people who can achieve this with as the Aussie is not so keen on the movies as I am
65. Take a day off work in the middle of the week to just stay in bed reading, watching movies and sleeping Completed
66. Make someone a mix tape of my favourite songs Completed for Naomi’s birthday party
67. No eating out for a month This is one of those nearly impossible ones! We really enjoy the social aspect of going out for dinner
68. Drink 6 glasses of water a day for 2 weeks – I really should do this already but I am terrible at drinking water – completed. I manage this almost every day now.
69. Take a picture for every letter of the alphabet Still on the bucket list
70. Start and complete a project 365 photo challenge Still on the bucket list maybe 2018’s challenge
71. See 10 classic movies I’ve never seen before Still on the bucket list
72. Ask 20 friends to recommend a book each and read them all Still on the bucket list
73. Go on a completely unplanned road trip Completed Anzac Day with Naomi, we planned to go to Mary River and ended up in Kakadu
74. Get a pedicure – completed March 2016 and it was amazing!
75. Watch the sunrise and sunset in one day Completed Bali March 2017
76. Volunteer – I was President of a local Camera Club for a year and a half but am looking at volunteering at a free legal serviceso I think this counts.
77. Plant a balcony herb and flower garden – I just planted some tomato plants and hoping they survive my care
78. Blog at least 3 times a week Adjusted so my aim is now once a week
79. Read 10 non fiction books Still on the bucket list – I’ve read 2 and am part way through a third
80. Learn to make pasta from scratch Still on the bucket list
81. Send a card or flowers to someone going through a hard time – completed, sent flowers to my Mum when she wasn’t feeling well but this is an ongoing work in progress.
82. Climb the Eiffel Tower Still on the long term bucket list
83. Do a Yellow Water Cruise – completed Easter 2015
84. Get a tattoo – not completed but I have selected a design I would like if I did decide to get one.
85. Donate blood at least once My fear of needles remains strong, not sure I’ll achieve this one
86. Host a wine and cheese party I am not really drinking alcohol so I’m not sure I will achieve this one in the short term
87. Send 20 postcards through Postcrossing Still on the bucket list
88. Hide a note in a library book Still on the bucket list
89. Set up sponsorship on my blog Still on the bucket list
90. Create a guest post idea and have someone write a guest post each month Still on the bucket list – if I can commit to the blog regularly I will look at this
91. Visit 10 museums – Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, Wentworth Castle (post to follow)
92. Have a picnic with the Aussie Completed at Mount Tambourine August 2017
93. Write and send Christmas cards preferably with personalised cards Completed December 2017
94. Donate $10 to a charity every month $25 a month for the Red Cross, also raised money for the RSPCA when I did the Million Paws Walk
95. Have professional photos taken with my family On the cards for July 2018 when they visit
96. Visit and comment on 10 blogs every week Still on the bucket list
97. Take home made lunch to work for one week every month – completed four out of five days a week at least.
98. Organise photos on computer, phone, hard drive Completed
99. Buy a film camera and use it I was given a Box Brownie but its not in working order, something to aim for I think
100. Go on a photography tour Bali with Darwin Camera Club March 2017
101. Put $10 into savings for each goal accomplished On average $50 a week for Bali