I started writing this post ages ago, forgot about it and I am giving it a go again!
I love listening to music be it at the gym, home or in the car. The first thing I do in these scenarios is often to choose my music , connect it to the bluetooth and go on my way.
I also don’t have a particular style I like to listen to. Usually it depends on my mood, what I am doing, where I am going. There are a few songs in my playlist I could listen to over and over and if they come on my play list I will skip them back a few times.
My 10 songs that I will listen to for the rest of my life are (in no particular order):
1. This is Me from The Greatest Showman – great song, fantastic movie which I can watch over and over and I would say that the words in this song are something everyone should listen too.
2. Never Tear us Apart by both INXS and the Paloma Faith version – this song is awesome. I always enjoy the music, words and interpretation.
3. Karma Chameleon by Culture Club – my Mum tells me that even at about 2 years old I loved Boy George and his music. I recently heard this song again whilst listening to Spotify and I remembered how much I enjoy listening to it so it has to be on my list.
4. Angel by Sarah McLachlan – I’m not sure when I first heard this song but it features in City of Angels which is also one of my favourite old films. Its a gorgeous song with lovely words and I love to listen it it when it comes on my play list.
5. Jolene by Dolly Parton. I just love love love this song and the various versions which have been released over the years. It is also a song that if I put the music up to just the right volume, it almost sounds like I am in tune when I sing!!!
6. Hallelujah – there are so many wonderful versions of this song and I have several versions on my phone. I always have and always will love the Jeff Buckley version which is beautifully sung in my opinion and so easy to sing along with or listen too.
7. Circle of Life – when I was at school one of my close friends was killed in a car accident when I was on a school trip. My friend loved the Lion King and it has always had a special place in my heart for that reason and because it is a beautiful film. I recently downloaded the Lion King album and am glad I finally felt able to do so because it brings back memories for me.
8. Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash – this is such a fantastic song to sing along too. There are a few recreations of the song but none beat this version for me.
9. Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea – I can’t believe I mentioned the C word but I couldn’t leave this song off my list. There was a voicemail a few years ago where I sang nearly the whole of this song on my brothers voicemail, which I am sure he appreciated a lot! I also always listened to the song on my last day of work catching the train home when I worked in Bristol and now when I am on my way back to the UK to spend Christmas in the UK. It brings back lots of great memories and is a must at Christmas time.
10. Rhythm of the Rain by Jason Donovan – I had quite the crush on Jason Donovan growing up and the very first concert I went to was a Jason Donovan one when I was about 5 years old (I think). I still love all of his songs but this one has great singalong ability!
If you could only listen to 10 songs for the rest of your life what would they be?