September was a fantastic month filled with visitors, socialising and the Brisbane Festival. It was a great way to spend the month and makes me excited for the remainder of the year.
1. Walkabout Creek Adventures where we spent the day kayaking, falling out of kayaks (The Aussie’s sister that is) and mastering the segway! It was a lot of fun.
2. Wynnum Jazz Festival – on Father’s Day there was a jazz festival on Wynnum seafront which we popped along too and spent the afternoon there. We enjoyed lunch, great company and some fantastic live music.
3. View from Mount Coot Tha – I love to visit Mount Coot Tha when we have guests staying so they can see the view across to the city. On this occasion we were taking the Aussie’s sister there and thought sunset would be a great time to visit. We raced up there just in time for a gorgeous sunset.
4. At the Brisbane Festival they had regular light/firework show on Southbank. We didn’t see the actual show but the setting looked good and was purple which is always a winner.
5. Another must for when we have people staying is a visit to Lone Pine. I love Koala’s but was pretty excited to spot a very lazy wombat!
6. My parents have adopted a new puppy and this was taken on our first FaceTime! I can’t wait to meet her at Christmas!
7. Glasshouse Mountains – we visited the Glasshouse Mountains with the Aussie’s sister and stopped off for coffee. Whilst enjoying our coffee we spotted some kangaroos on the land.
8. Bang! Bang! at the Brisbane Festival. You can read about our visit here.