This month I will combine my favourite things and photos from October into one post.
Left to right:
1. Movie World – At the start of the month we had some of the Aussie’s family staying and we visited Movie World. I am a big wuss and so wasn’t very roller coaster brave but it was a good day out.
2. Draculas – We also paid a visit to Draculas on the Gold Coast for an eventful night of cabaret. It was an interesting night out and a lot of fun with our friends.
3. Thanksgiving – Our American friends invited us over for an early Thanksgiving dinner during October. The food was delicious including this beautiful apple pie and the company was lovely. We finished the night off with Hocus Pocus which put us well and truly in the Halloween mood even if it was hot here!.
4. Charity Walk – My friend Naomi and I participated in the Leukaemia Foundations Light the Night Event. I set a target of $100 for my fundraising and hit that target which I was really pleased with and the walk was lovely and for a good cause.
5. Koalas! Kangaroos and Ostrich’s (amongst others) – I finally met a real life Koala and even cuddled one called Barney as well when we visited Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. I have wanted to meet a Koala since arriving in Australia and the park itself was really lovely.
6. Markets – During a lovely Sunday morning visit to Rocklea Markets with the Aussie and Naomi I bought some plants for my garden and a lovely bunch of flowers for my living room.
7. Fright Night at the Museum (lady and green wall) – I will post about this shortly but we had a really fun Halloween night visiting the Clock Tower at Brisbane Museum, complete with realistic looking ghost women!
8. Beach blanket moments – after our night out at Draculas we stayed on the Gold Coast for the weekend. It was cold and rainy but also the perfect excuse for sitting on the balcony, wrapped up in blankets watching the world go by with some great company.
9. Mugs – I tried my hand at painting a mug and found that not only did I quite enjoy it but I also quite liked how my mug turned out.
10. Outdoor Cinemas – we visited the Open Air Cinema on Southbank and watched Battle of the Sexes. The setting and venue were great and we really enjoyed the experience.
Hope you have a great rest of November!