Looking back over the blog I thought I would updated my 101 things in 1001 Days progress. Despite not being on track as much as I would like with my blog, I am surprised about how many things I have completed.
1. Qualify as a Solicitor in Australia – fingers crossed December 2016.
2. Sell one of my photographs.
3. Visit Bali.
4. Learn to sail.
5. Start studying the subjects need to qualify as a Solicitor in Australia and pass them all – Four of the undergraduate subjects down, exam in June on the fifth and hoping to be exempt from number six! Then should be two post graduate subjects.
6. Get over my fear of public speaking – not over it but I am getting there and am planning to do some public speaking courses.
7. To still be blogging on 28 September 2017.
8. Visit Kakadu National Park – completed Easter 2015
9. Keep using the planner that I bought so that I can plan my life out better, not forget things and do all the things that I want to do.
10. Plan out my blog posts better so that I can run a bit more to a schedule.
11. Become better at using social media like Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram.
12. See more of Australia – I want to visit at least Perth, Adelaide and Sydney – we are heading to Brisbane and then the Whitsunday Islands in August and I cannot wait to see the Great Barrier Reef.
13. Buy a car.
14. Learn how to style my curly hair nicely.
15. Invite friends over for dinner often.
16. Get my visa sorted so I do not have to worry about visa’s expiring or deadlines – fingers crossed July 2016.
17. Pay of my debts in the UK.
18. Save money! There’s so many things I want to do but I need to get saving first.
19. Cook 101 recipes from the recipe books I own and have been given.
20. Learn and understand the rules of AFL.
21. Take my DSLR camera out with me more and actually use it so I don’t miss the photo opportunities – getting better at this and regularly getting out and about for photos.
22. Complete the challenges I set myself via blog, photography etc.
23. Take more time to keep in contact with people to make sure that the distance between us doesn’t seem so big.
24. Reply to emails, texts, calls and what’s app messages within 24 hours at the very most.
25. Wear sunscreen all the time.
26. Walk more and enjoy it.
27. Get better at saying what’s on mind rather than bottling it up.
28. Learn to enjoy red wine.
29. Spend Christmas in the UK with my family and friends – Completed Christmas 2015 and it was great (post to follow).
30. Visit the penguins on Phillip Island.
31. Send a letter, card, postcard to someone as a surprise each month.
32. Visit the turtles.
33. Get up early and take a photo of the sunrise.
34. Take a good photo of lightening.
35. Read 5 classic books I’ve never read before.
36. Redesign my blog.
37. Personalise our home with photos, pictures and things that are important to us – in progress, especially now we feel more settled in the house that we moved into in August 2015.
38. Get my mum to teach me to knit (again) and remember how to do it.
39. Go to the ballet.
40. Attend 3 music concerts.
41. Have the root canal work done/tooth removed in 2015 – completed and it was terrible!
42. Complete the Goodreads reading challenge each year and increase the number of book that are too be read each year.
43. Have an allergy test done.
44. Print and frame my own photos in our home – completed.
45. Watch Les Miserable in the theatre and read the book.
46. Learn how to make macaroons from scratch.
47. Visit Thailand with the Aussie.
48. Re-learn how to play the keyboard properly.
49. Practice playing the keyboard at least twice a week.
50. Buy a beautiful coffee table and bookcase(s) for our home – not my dream coffee table and bookcases but we have them and I like them a lot for now.
51. Study for at least 10 hours a week when courses start in March 2015 – I don’t manage 10 hours a week but given my study workload it’s not required. I do enough to keep on top of it all and have got good results so far.
52. Dye my hair regularly so the roots don’t show – completed and ongoing.
53. Get hair cut at least 5 times a year and take better care of it.
54. Take a book out of the library once a month and read it all.
55. Buy a bike and use it often.
56. Go out dancing more.
57. Hang the washing out when it’s finished not leave it so long it has to be washed again – work in progress.
58. Open a joint bank account with the Aussie – we’ve been meaning to do this since August 2013 – opened but we are terrible at getting our acts in gear to use it!
59. Write a will.
60. Change my Super Account and move my existing super to it – completed! Industry Super all the way!
61. Take a helicopter ride over Darwin.
62. Go on at least one “girls” weekend a year.
63. Read a book in a day.
64. Spend the day at the cinema watching as many films as I can cram in.
65. Take a day off work in the middle of the week to just stay in bed reading, watching movies and sleeping.
66. Make someone a mix tape of my favourite songs.
67. No eating out for a month.
68. Drink 6 glasses of water a day for 2 weeks – I really should do this already but I am terrible at drinking water – completed. I manage this almost every day now.
69. Take a picture for every letter of the alphabet.
70. Start and complete a project 365 photo challenge.
71. See 10 classic movies I’ve never seen before.
72. Ask 20 friends to recommend a book each and read them all.
73. Go on a completely unplanned road trip.
74. Get a pedicure – completed March 2016 and it was amazing!
75. Watch the sunrise and sunset in one day.
76. Volunteer – I was recently elected President of a local Camera Club so I think this counts.
77. Plant a balcony herb and flower garden – we don’t have a balcony anymore (yay to houses) but I will work on this.
78. Blog at least 3 times a week.
79. Read 10 non fiction books.
80. Learn to make pasta from scratch.
81. Send a card or flowers to someone going through a hard time – completed, sent flowers to my Mum when she wasn’t feeling well but this is an ongoing work in progress.
82. Climb the Eiffel Tower.
83. Do a Yellow Water Cruise – completed Easter 2015
84. Get a tattoo – not completed but I have selected a design I would like if I did decide to get one.
85. Donate blood at least once.
86. Host a wine and cheese party.
87. Send 20 postcards through Postcrossing.
88. Hide a note in a library book.
89. Set up sponsorship on my blog.
90. Create a guest post idea and have someone write a guest post each month.
91. Visit 10 museums – Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, Wentworth Castle (post to follow)
92. Have a picnic with the Aussie.
93. Write and send Christmas cards preferably with personalised cards.
94. Donate $10 to a charity every month.
95. Have professional photos taken with my family.
96. Visit and comment on 10 blogs every week.
97. Take home made lunch to work for one week every month – completed four out of five days a week at least.
98. Organise photos on computer, phone, hard drive.
99. Buy a film camera and use it.
100. Go on a photography tour.
101. Put $10 into savings for each goal accomplished.