Since receiving my offer of a place at University before Christmas I have been trying to get enrolled online.
My main problem is that I had to apply to study a law degree (never ever again!!!) even though I only have to study six subjects to qualify. Establishing I had to follow that route took some time but we got there and I was offered my place confirming the offer was conditional on my completing the required subjects.
Then came the paying the fees and accepting my place parts which were complicated because everything is geared up for me studying a full year of subjects so I was being told that I had to pay a deposit equivalent to the total of all of my fees to qualify o accept the place which is just not possible financially at the moment so I couldn’t accept the place online without paying that deposit. It was resolved by filling in the paperwork by hand and I received my welcome, please enroll online email. Queue further emails back and forth.
During this enrollment process I have discovered that I am officially miscellaneous, student wise. The reasons for this is varied and extensive:
• I am an “international” student;
• I only want to study 6 subjects but had to apply to study a whole Law Degree;
• My visa status of being on a bridging visa doesn’t fit any of the categories in the “official Statistics” of things the Australian Government apparently HAS to know about all students whilst enrolling and I accidentally ticked the wrong box as none of them fit my situation;
• I want to study online as an external student and apparently International students can’t do this but I have been offered a place to study online;
• I haven’t studied the prerequisites for the subjects I need to study (ummmm I don’t think I need to study Introduction to Law really? Apparently not); and
• I only want to enroll for 2 subjects when the minimum to enroll online is 4.
As a result I was sent an enrollment form for “miscellaneous students” to fill in by hand again and even though it’s been completed I’m still not enrolled.
I am probably driving the International Department crazy because every time they email me it’s never a straightforward email back but about 5 or 6 emails back and forth until that problem is sorted and if I call I am told to email!
Let’s hope its sorted soon as I am supposed to commence studying on 02 March! Seriously what have I let myself in for?