Last year I was lucky enough to be able to take part in quite a few running / walking events and even luckier that both the Aussie and Naomi joined me in the events.
We already have a few events booked in as follows:
- International Womens Day Fun Run on 3 March 2019 – we did this walk last year and it was great to be a part of the event whilst also enjoying a good walk. We are signed up for the 5km walk.
- Brisbane Great South Run on 7 April 2019 – I have signed Naomi and the Aussie up for the 5km event which should be fun although it will probably be quite hot still!
- Gold Coast Marathon on 28 April 2019 – we are signed up for the 10km walk because I got a bit over confident but it should be a good walk for us to get out and stretch our legs!
I am also keen to participate in the following events when the registrations open / funds permit:
- Ballina to Byron Coast Walk – there are 3 different distances you can walk for this event; Ballina to Lennox Head which is 13km, Ballina to Broken Head which is 25km and Ballina to Byron Bay which is 37km. I would love to do the Ballina to Byron Bay distance but I’m not sure it is doable this year so we need to decide which distance to do and get ourselves booked in ready for the walk on 26 May 2019.
- Runaway Noosa Marathon – this clashes with the Ballina to Byron Coast walk weekend and it is completely the opposite direction so I’m not sure it is manageable but if the Ballina walk doesn’t work out it is on my list. now I won’t be participating in the marathon distance but I am keen to try the 5km or 10km at the event on 25 May 2019 if we can’t do the Ballina to Byron Coast Walk.
- The RSPCA Million Paws Walk – we have done this walk the last two years in Darwin and then Brisbane. I love fundraising for the RSPCA and the walk is very fun, not least because of the dog count so it is a must for us.
- The Colour Run – again we have done this walk the last two years and it is one I am keen to do again.
- Twilight Running Festival – I was signed up for this event last year but couldn’t attend in the end so I think it would be good to give it a go this year. I will probably aim for the 5km event.
- Bridge to Brisbane – this was a very very damp event care of the pouring rain but I loved it last year and you can read about it here. I even ran at the end which was fantastic and I would love to give it a go and maybe even the 10km.
- MS Moonlight Walk – this was my first 10km event ever last year and I whilst I was sore I loved the experience which I did with Naomi and the Aussie so it would be silly to miss out right!?!
I have tried to fundraise for various events since I started exercising and participating in these events. I have found it to be quite difficult to get engagement for my fundraising, most likely because of the volume of events I have participated in. I think this year I will play it by ear and see which charities are particularly important to me so I can focus on them.