I love to travel and hope that in the future the Aussie and I can get out there and explore the world some more.
I have been putting together my Australian and world wide travel list of places I want to visit over the next few years. Below is my top 10 worldwide travel list (assuming money is no object and that I win the lottery so never have to work again!).
1) Antartica – a friend from Darwin visited Antartica on a cruise over Christmas a few years ago and it is high up on my wish list. I would love to do a cruise through the region and just photograph all of the wildlife (including penguins which would be my dream come true) and landscapes. Unfortunately the trip would probably top $20,000 per person so it is a pipe dream at the moment!
2) Philippines – From Manila to its beautiful tiny islands I would love to visit and tour the area. A friend of the Aussies did a trip on a boat from one end of the Phillipines to the other a few years ago and we looked through the photos. The trip involved camping on several of the islands and it just looked so picturesque and to be a wonderful adventure.
3) Thailand – This is a destination which has always appealed to me. A few of my UK friends have visited recently and have stoked my wish to visit. It looks like there is so much to see, do and explore as well as plenty of opportunities for some relaxation which for me is the perfect mix for a holiday.
4) Japan – The Aussie visited Japan for work a few years ago and would love to go back. I just really want to see all the things he saw there as well as explore new places together.
5) Vietnam – Vietnam is really not that far from us and it seems that, like Thailand, there would be so much to see do and explore in a beautiful setting. I hope we can manage to get there one day!
6) Goa / India – I think it would be an amazing experience to visit Goa and or India. It would be my idea of photographic heaven I think.
7) Maldives – The Maldives seems to be a very popular destination to visit from Australia. The idea of relaxing in the beautiful surrounds of the Maldives sounds like heaven although I am not very good at sitting and just being in the moment. It would take some practice but I am prepared to put in that work!!!
8) Italy – What’s not to love about beautiful buildings, art work, culture and of course fabulous food. Real pizza and gelato in Italy would be pretty perfect I think!
9) Greece – I really want to see those gorgeous white and blue buildings against the Greek sky one day! The Greek Churches in Australia seem to be painted in a similar style (although some are red and white rather than blue and white) so I am keen to see the real thing. Also Greek food is pretty delicious!!!
10) America – I would love to visit America for my 40th birthday which unfortunately is not too many years away! I would like to visit New York, New Orleans, Boston, LA, Alaska and probably Route 66 amongst many others. I need to start the planning and saving if this is going to end up happening!
What would be your top 10 dream travel wish list if money was no object and you didn’t have to work of course!!!