I usually post these two post separately but decided to combine them this month.
I am also only posting my fave photos up to the date we left for the UK because I plan to blog about our UK trip separately (and there would be a ridiculous amount of fave photos!)
My December Faves
- Tea Advent Calendar – I managed to find an advent calendar full of tea for last Christmas. I drink lots of herbal teas and so this was the perfect solution over Christmas so that I could enjoy having an advent calendar.
- Our Christmas Tree – I loved our Christmas tree this time round. It may not be the most atheistically pleasing tree but it was all ours.
- For the Aussie’s birthday we went kayaking on the Brisbane River and under the Story Bridge. It was a really fun way to spend the morning and he really enjoys getting out on the river.
- 5. and 6. were photos taken on the same day as the kayaking trip. In the evening we went out for a sushi dinner at a restaurant that the Aussie discovered in the city and after dinner we went on a hunt for Christmas decorations in the Brisbane Arcade and then at City Hall / King George Square. Number 6 was a lighting display on City Hall which was a very cute Christmas story as well.
- As with 4.
- As with 4.
- This is a particularly handsome cat who has an excellent moustache who I see on my walks around the neighbourhood in the morning. He / she always looks quite disappointed by my exercise activity!
- The weekend before we went to the UK we paid a visit to Carols at Twilight on Southbank. I love a good carol concert and enjoyed singing along. Unfortunately it did rain on and off the whole time we were at the Carols but it was still worth it.
- After the Carols we visited the Cathedral of St Brisbane who had a lighting display called the Lights of Christmas which was projected on the Cathedral. Again there was a very lovely Christmas story played and in between each story they projected some very festive images as well.
Things I Have Loved – December 2018
The Grinch – Naomi and I went to watch the Grinch on our festive day before Christmas. I don’t think I have seen the original movie(s) before but really enjoyed the animation version which worked well on an adult level and I saw that the children in the cinema also seemed to find it funny.
Tag – I watched Tag on the plane to the UK. I remember when it was released in the cinemas, reading about the true life story of a group of friends who for one month every year play an insane game of tag. The movie was a bit crazy and far fetched but was overall very entertaining.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society – this is a movie that I meant to watch when it was released but missed. I didn’t really know that Guernsey had been invaded by the Germans during World War Two so it was really interesting from that perspective. The movie itself was lovely with a very sweet story which I really enjoyed.
The Americans – when we flew from London to Singapore I binge watched series 1 as I couldn’t sleep. This is a story of a couple from Russia who were KGB spies and entered into an arranged marriage before moving to America to spy for the Russians. I really enjoyed the series and I am on the look out for the rest of the series.
The Bodyguard – this was a UK series which we found on Netflix. It is a bit of a thriller and we binge watched the series over a few days. There were a lot of twists and turns which really did keep me guessing and I couldn’t have predicted the ending. I hope that there might be another series as it was well worth a watch.